There could also be occasions if you see content material developing in your feed that you’re simply not all for and given the selection you’d choose to not see! It might be that your timeline is out of the blue stuffed with tweets as a result of there’s a soccer cup last happening, it’s Eurovision time or as a result of a brand new Wordle recreation will get common and other people wish to share their each day outcomes. All of us have totally different pursuits and that’s high-quality, nevertheless it doesn’t imply you need to see these tweets! If that is occurring to you then muting might be the reply!
You possibly can select to mute Tweets that comprise particular phrases, phrases or hashtags. It is a good resolution to take away the tweets twittering a couple of matter you haven’t any curiosity in out of your feed. Alternatively if it’s a specific individual you’re following you may choose to mute simply their acount. Muting an account is an alternative choice to unfollowing an acccount or blocking somebody. There are good causes for making these selections, however must you then determine to refollow the account, then they are going to obtain a notification, revealing you had unfollowed them. By muting, the account received’t get a notification. Muting may be performed permanantly, till you select to unmute, or for chosen durations of 24 hours, 7 days or 30 days.
An additional choice is to mute notifications from a dialog you’re tagged in. In case you are being bombarded with notifications and you’ve got moved on from the unique begin of the dialog, then it may be useful to mute the thread.
So briefly muting is a helpful choice to take away tweets out of your timeline with out unfollowing or blocking anybody. Beneath you will see how to do that for the totally different choices out there.
Mute phrases and hashtags
- Click on Extra from the aspect navigation menu, then click on Settings and privateness.
- Click on the Privateness and security tab, then click on Mute and block.
- Click on Muted phrases.
- Click on the plus icon.
- Enter the phrase or hashtag you’d wish to mute. Entries can solely be added one a time.
- Choose House timeline if you happen to want to mute the phrase or phrase out of your House timeline.
- Select Notifications if you happen to want to mute the phrase or phrase out of your Notifications.
- Specify From anybody or From folks you don’t comply with.
- Beneath Mute timing select between Ceaselessly, 24 hours from now, 7 days from now, or 30 days from now.
- Click on Save.
Observe: Muting phrases and hashtags solely applies to your notifications and House timeline. You’ll nonetheless see these Tweets through search. Notifications for muted phrases and hashtags are utilized to replies and mentions, together with all interactions on these replies and mentions: likes, Retweets, extra replies, and Quote Tweet.
Mute is a characteristic that lets you take away an account’s Tweets out of your timeline with out unfollowing or blocking that account. Muted accounts won’t know that you just’ve muted them and you’ll unmute them at any time. To entry a listing of accounts you might have muted, go to your muted accounts settings on twitter.com or your app settings on Twitter for iOS or Android.
To mute an account from a profile:
- Click on on a username to open their profile.
- Click on the extra iconsubsequent to the comply with button.
- Choose Mute @account from the dropdown.
To mute an account from a Tweet:
Click on the extra iconfrom any Tweet.
- Choose Mute @account from the dropdown menu.
Muting notifications for a dialog
If you want to cease receiving notifications for a specific dialog, you may select to mute it. Whenever you mute a dialog, you received’t get any new notifications about that dialog. You’ll, nonetheless, nonetheless see Tweets from the dialog in your timeline and if you click on into the unique Tweet.
To mute a dialog through twitter.com, or out of your Twitter for iOS or Android app:
- Go to the Tweet element of any Tweet or a reply within the dialog you want to mute.
- Click on the extra icon.
- Click on Mute this dialog.
- Click on to verify.
Picture credit score: Pixabay – Free to make use of, no attribution required